We at Buffalo High School would like to congratulate all those that participated in Athletics and Band for making it through the 2020 fall season with the difficulties that came with it this year. Overall all our fall programs did great this year! We hope to continue this trend for 2021 and beyond. We would like to take time and highlight the accomplishments of our fall sports and band this year.
- BHS Band received 2nd place percussion, 1st place color guard, 2nd place drum major, and 2nd place in class C.
- Over all awards for blue division our band was 1st runner up.
- BHS had 1 the 14 teams that were able to participate in the West Virginia State Marching Band Competition due to Covid-19.
- All State Band – Kaylee Coleman on clarinet.
- Cheer placed Third at the regional competition in Parkersburg.
- Patrick Reilly finished ranking 18th in Class A Tournament, ranking in the Class A top 20 runners all season.
- Nicholas Pitchford finished at 27th
- Jackson Mallett finished 40th.
- Chase Venus went to states, placed 22nd
- Football for the first time since 2016 qualified to go to playoffs.
- Taylor Reedy, became the first girl to play on the football team in school history, kicking for 16 points all season.
- Drew Clendenin (Jr) and Jackson England (Sr), were selected to the Gazette-Mail All Kanawha Valley Football Team.
- WV All State First team selections: Park Michels (Sr),Jackson England (Sr), and Drew Clendenin (JR) All-State Team Co-Captain. Honorable Mention selections David Whittington (Sr) and Dalton Jones (JR)
- The Bison Volleyball team is the 2020 Region IV Section 2 sectional champion after defeating Sherman High School.
- The volleyball defeated Gilmer County in regional play qualifying for the State Tournament. They were regional runner-up and qualified to go to states 1st time since the 2014 season.
- The following ladies on being selected to the WV Class A All State Volleyball team. First Team: Janessa Harris (Sr), Special Honorable Mention: Joni Smith (Sr), Honorable Mention: Chloe Hale (Soph.)
We would like to congratulate everyone that won all-state awards!